A breeding agreement between Mrs. Charmian Steele of Tranquillity, Windsor Road,
Gerrards Cross, and <Another Breeder, address....>, in respect of the
Anatolian Karabash bitch Konya Seljuk.
This agreement has been drawn up on account of the fact that the bitch Konya Seljuk was
originally bred by Mrs. Steele and was sold by her to Mr. Henry Harbour with a verbal
agreement that the bitch should never be bred from.
<Another breeder> having purchased the bitch from Mr. Henry Harbour and
being aware of the agreement between Mr.Harbour and Mrs. Steele that the bitch should not
be bred from, now wishes to breed from the same bitch and agrees to the following:-
- That she will only mate the said bitch at any time to Mrs. Steele's dog Gazi of
Bakirtollukoyu or to another dog of Mrs. Steele's choice.
- That she will inform Mrs. Steele as soon as is reasonably possible and certainly within
48 hours should a litter result from any such mating.
- That she will allow Mrs. Steele access to the litter within fourteen days following the
birth of the litter, such a date during this period to be mutually agreed, at which time
she will allow Mrs. Steele to remove and have destroyed any puppies which Mrs. Steele
considers should be destroyed by reason of her own and personal judgement.
- That she will allow Mrs. Steele further access to the litter at a later stage when the
puppies are between eight and twelve weeks of age, such a date within this period to be
mutually agreed, and allow Mrs. Steele to remove and have destroyed further puppies at
that time as Mrs. Steele thinks fit on the basis of her own and personal judgement.
- That she will allow Mrs. Steele, should she require, to choose a puppy in lieu of a stud
fee if three or more puppies are reared from any one such litter which results from a
mating with Mrs. Steele's dog Gazi of Bakirtollukoyu.
(Continued) Page 2
On her part Mrs Steele agrees to the following:-
- That she will allow a mating to take place between <Another breeder>s
bitch Konya Seljuk and her own dog Gazi of Bakirtollukoyu.
- That should no puppies result from such a mating a repeat mating may be arranged.
- That should Gazi of Bakirtollukoyu not be available at stud she will agree to the bitch
being mated to another dog providing there is another dog available which Mrs. Steele
considers suitable by her own and personal judgement.
- That she will not require a stud fee for a mating of Gazi of Bakirtollukoyu to Konya
Seljuk, but should three or more puppies be reared from any one litter which results from
such a mating, she will retain the right to choose a puppy in lieu of such a stud fee.
Mrs. Charmian Steele
Witness____Barbara A Moss_____________
(B.A. Moss's address)
Date ______23rd July, 1971 ________
Konya Seljuk was the
daughter of Gazi. The Broadheads obtained two such daughters, mated
them back to Gazi and then the sons back to the daughters.
- <Another breeder> who owned Konya Seljuk
refused to sign such an agreement as can be seen, but somehow managed to keep the copy.
see photocopies of original contract:
- page 1
(use your BACK
button to go back)
Copyright, All Rights Reserved Webmaster@anatolianworld.com